Growing your business may be challenging, but never doubt the power of Word of Mouth! Word of Mouth marketing has been around much longer than print communication, even online communication; it has been around the longest, and is the most successful.
So how do you achieve successful Word of Mouth marketing? Scooter’s Jungle gives you insights on key success factors:
• Encourage Communication by using social media, forum and feedback tools, and even developing collateral to allow the ease of communication to friends and others.
• Give People Something to Talk About by making information available to be shared or forwarded and enhance your publicity.
• Create Communities and Connect People with blogging forums, creating user groups, and hosting discussion boards to discuss your product or service.
• Work with Influential Communities such as finding people or organizations that can support your business, make an arrangement to support each other’s businesses.
• Research and Listen to Customer Feedback by responding to social media comments, track online and possibly offline conversations, and listen and respond to both positive and negative comments.
• Encourage Transparent Communication and Information Sharing by letting customers “behind the curtain” and create more honest two-way conversations and information sharing.
For more information, best practices, ethical standards, and other research information, visit www.womma.org.